Friday, March 29, 2013

Chasing that sunshine...


On this Good Friday...

     We reflect and pray our thanks to Jesus for the sacrifice he endured for us all.  Every single one of us.


     We spread encouragement for those in need of help and we love with unwavering compassion.

     And we do all in our Lord's name...offering up even the slightest of troubles.

************


I woke yesterday morning to this lovely shade of light.  It brought the wooded area to a calm "glow" and instantly made my heart melt...


I played this song a few hundred times in celebration...
(my play list -under the last post on the page- has this song in the first slot)

I've been here so long
Think that it's time to move
The winter's so cold
Summer's over too soon
Let's pack our bags and
Settle down where palm trees grow

~

I've got some friends
Some that I hardly know
We've had some timesI wouldn't trade for the world
We chase these days down with talks
Of the places that we will go

~

We live on front porches and swing life away
We get by just fine here on minimum wage
If love is a labor, I'll slave 'til the end
I won't cross these streets until you hold my hand

~

I'll show you mine
If you show me yours first
Let's compare scarsI'll tell you whose is worse
And let's unwrite these pages

And replace them with our own words

There is most likely not a single song around that could fit my life more perfectly.

And then, when the day was almost complete...I went to the other side of the house and 
snapped this picture...


That gorgeous pink and purple Michigan sky.

I had to "reset" myself yesterday from all the chaos on the web this week.  There was too much boiling over the pot in terms of frustrations and I did not want to take it out on my blog...and you folks ;)

It's a short post today. But I hope you all stay well and keep those blessings of yours close during this Easter weekend... 

and always...

Take care,

-Michelle

1 comment:

Stacy B. said...

I love that song!!!
(P.S. I apologize in advance for the influx of comment notifications you will be receiving :-) I'm trying to refrain from commenting on every post! Lol)