Saturday, April 13, 2013

L is for "Longing"


I'm quite sure that at least a few of us are head over heals in love with the thought of warmer air pushing around our hair and the kind of sun light that prompts you to sport your favorite pair of sun glasses...

Right now, other than life goals still waiting patiently for numerous other things to happen...I am desperately "longing" for this...


A fresh cut of Lilacs on the kitchen table.
Oh boy...how wonderfully their scent fills a room!


This is the lake a grew up down the road from. I 
could sit on this beach for hours.




I'm longing for some newly planted favorites from the local greenhouse.
(I tend to favor pink and purple flowers)




That is my sister's picture of Lake Charlevoix below...
(Please be nice and don't steal it!)

 (Same goes for this one below)

A little poem I fixed up several years back.  I'm pretty sure this lays out the longing I feel come early spring every year...


~Her sunset~

She sits and looks down,
At the waves reaching her toes,
A silence creeps in
As the lazy sun goes.

The sand, still warm from the day,
Argues with the cooling breeze,
She looks up to the water,
The chill upon her leaves.

She watches the lake,
Darken in the glow
A shadow growing behind her,
A stillness settling low.

The sun’s colors paint this sky,
As it falls behind the bay,
She wants nothing more,
Than for a few more minutes to stay.

The darkness whispers chills,
Close at her back,
She says her goodbye,
As her lake turns black.

She digs her toes once more,
Into the still warm sand,
She turns into the darkness,
To the trail, inland.
~M.M.P.~
~~~

I am finally in a place where I can have and enjoy perennials so I planted a bunch last year.  I have much to look forward to as the 
weather gets warmer this spring.



and a pup with her wood pile.
Random pics below...but this pup has just as much fun 
camping as her people do!

That is Miss Mikayla last summer.
She is now double the size :)




Longing for a few rays, good company, stories told endlessly by the fire, stars twinkling down on the lake, flowers to brighten up winter eyes and weathered souls...

...all to come.


Take care and have a great weekend!



post signature





8 comments:

Rebecca Green Gasper said...

I, too, am longing for the trees to bud and the flowers to bloom. Those pics are great! :) Love all the flowers and your sister's pictures are amazing with those stunning colors. :) Nice to meet you

Silvia Writes said...

What beautiful photography!
You're fortunate to grow up so close to that lake. Looks peaceful in the picture. Love posts like yours with lots of feel-good, colorful photos.
And great choice for letter L.
http://silviatomasvillalobos.wordpress.com/

Anne Mackle said...

Lovely photos.I too long for the sun and I will see it in May when I'm off to warm, beautiful Turkey for a whole week of sun, sand and lovely flowers.

Stacy B. said...

I love this post...

It's been a while since I've been around "these parts", so I have some catching up to do! Seems that life with 3 so small is a wee bit busy...lol! I have seen all of your "____ is for ______" titles, so I'm going to have to go read them all! And maybe...just maybe, I'll do the same. :-)

God bless!
~S

Aubrey said...

This is SO lovely. You have such elegance in writing and style.

Bhavya N said...

Truly, all of us long for these things at some point of time :)
Stepping by from the #AtoZChallenge,
Bhavya
Just Another Blog

Jinky said...

Beautiful flowers! Wow, those pics your sister took are amazing, particularly the first one!! --Aw, Mikayla is gorgeous!!

Atomic Murphy said...

Beautiful photos! Puts me in the mood for spring - thank goodness it's starting to get a little warmer and there's some color on the ground!