Monday, April 22, 2013

S is for "Suddenly!, Selena and Several Stitches"...

My music interest scares me at times.  Out of nowhere there will be a new hit slamming the airwaves and I will fall completely in love.

I heard this track from Selena Gomez while watching the MTV Movie awards a few weeks ago.  There were quite a few "oooh!'s" and plenty of goose bumps.  I don't even like this girl's music...but this song caught me...and pretty hard...



(that was this afternoon ;)


So, that was the "Selena" portion of this post.  Here is the "Suddenly" part...

"and then suddenly...CRAP! Oops!"

(Ryan will not be very happy that I posted this, but oh well!) 

He was doing his mother a favor yesterday by aerating her yard.  There is a steep hill by the little creek behind her house.  The unit started fish tailing a bit and it slid down towards the water! Eek!!!
Ryan and a friend will try to recover it this evening.  Fingers crossed!  Hopefully the ground is a bit more dry today.  All that rain we received over the weekend didn't help him a bit!

And now, the "Several Stitches" portion...


I have accumulated a TON of "baby soft" yarn in the last year.  I get leftovers from my sister and my mother all the time.  I had some free time yesterday and started the piece above with my size G crochet hook.  That is the center of the blanket so far.  No pattern.  I'm being quite "whimsical" with it and it's been so much fun thus far!  I'm very excited to see how it turns out when it's finished. 

So, that'll wrap this Challenge post up for today.  Ryan will be done with work soon and I will be going with him over to his mother's to retrieve the beast that is trying to go for an early summer swim... hahah!

Take care.  I'll be hopping through the blog world when I get back home tonight!


post signature

5 comments:

Brandon Ax said...

It's okay I'm not a fan either and the song pulled me in. It must be bad luck for lawn equipment as my lawnmower died this week lol.

Carol Kilgore said...

I like her new song, too. Like you, I'm not normally a fan. Hope you get 'the beast' unstuck without too big a problem.

Visiting from A-Z.
#352

Unknown said...

It's funny how some songs just grab us. What I find most amusing is how some songs start out getting on your nerves, but the more you hear them, the more you grow to like them.

Have fun with a-z.

Michelle said...

We got the unit chained up to a friend's truck and it was out of the rut in just a few seconds! Ryan's mother has some mud holes now...but nothing too damaging!

Anonymous said...

of course like your web site however you need to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts.
Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I in finding it very bothersome to inform the reality
then again I will definitely come again again.

Also visit my weblog :: raspberry ketones